What is Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)?
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is a disorder that can occur following the experiencing or witnessing of a life-threatening or physically compromising event.
What PTSD Services are offered at NSTN?
- Individual PTSD assessments, treatments and referrals are available by trained and experienced clinicians for children (over 6), youths and adults.
- Fees are offered on a sliding scale.
- Individual therapy sessions are $120. Some exceptions apply.
- All services provided by psychiatrists are covered by OHIP and no charges will be made to clients.
- There is no direct cost for Individuals that meet the requirements for NIHB Mental Health Counselling Services (Click Here).
- Many extended health care benefit packages provide reimbursement for counselling/therapy. Please check with your insurance provider/employer to confirm eligibility for reimbursement.
- Groups and workshops that address PTSD symptoms (first stage PTSD treatment) are available by trained and experienced clinicians for youths and adults at significantly reduced rates.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Group
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)Skills Training Group / Workshops
- Mindfulness Workshops
- Young Adults Group (18-24)
- Seniors Group
- Coping with Stress (Drop In) Group
- Family Support Group
Contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (705) 481-1925 to schedule an appointment or to register for a group.