What Is Trauma / PTSD?
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is a disorder that can occur following the experiencing or witnessing of a life-threatening or physically compromising event.
What Services Do NSTN Offer That Addresses Trauma/PTSD?
- Individual assessments, treatments and referrals are available by trained and experienced clinicians for children (over 6), youths and adults.
- Fees are offered on a sliding scale.
- Individual therapy sessions are $120. Some exceptions apply.
- All services provided by psychiatrists are covered by OHIP and no charges will be made to clients.
- There is no direct cost for individual counselling for those that meet the requirements for NIHB Mental Health Counselling Services (Click Here).
- Many extended health care benefit packages provide reimbursement for counselling/therapy. Please check with your insurance provider/employer to confirm eligibility for reimbursement.
- Groups and workshops that address the symptoms of PTSD* are available by trained and experienced clinicians for youths, adults and families at significantly reduced rates.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Group
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)Skills Training Group / Workshops
- Mindfulness Workshops
- Young Adult’s Group (18-24)
- Senior’s Group
- Coping with Stress (Drop-In) Group
- Family Support Group
- Mental Health and Wellness in the Workplace Workshops
*Please note that we do not provide formal PTSD treatment in group format – we offer skills and techniques that can help address and/or reduce the symptoms of PTSD.
Contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (705) 481-1925 to schedule an appointment or to register for a group.