What Are Sleep Difficulties?
Sleep difficulties can present in a variety of ways. Some people experience prolonged periods of sleeplessness, interferences in sleep, difficulties falling asleep and/or sleep that is not perceived as restful. This can range from short term sleep disturbances due to environmental factors to long term, diagnosed sleep disorders.
What Services Are Offered At NSTN That Address Sleep Difficulties?
NSTN offers individual assessments, treatments and referrals for children (over 6), youths and adults that are experiencing sleep difficulties and related concerns.
- Fees are offered on a sliding scale.
- Individual therapy sessions are $120. Some exceptions apply.
- All services provided by psychiatrists are covered by OHIP and no charges will be made to clients.
- There is no direct cost for Individuals that meet the requirements for NIHB Mental Health Counselling Services (https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/non-insured-health-benefits-first-nations-inuit.html).
- Many extended health care benefit packages provide reimbursement for counselling/therapy. Please check with your insurance provider/employer to confirm eligibility for reimbursement.
- Groups and workshops that introduce concepts and/or skills that can help address sleep difficulties are available by trained and experienced clinicians for children (over the age of 6), youths, adults and families at significantly reduced rates.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Group
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Group / Workshops
- Young Adults Group (ages 18-24)
- Seniors Group
- Family Support Group
- Coping with Stress Group (Drop-In)
- Mindfulness Workshops
- Mental Health and Wellness in the Workplace Workshops
Contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (705) 481-1925 to schedule an appointment or to register for a group.