What Is Lack Of Motivation?
Most people experience a lack of motivation to follow through with certain things in their life – this is normal. Not wanting to do things that we perceive as not being pleasurable or that we fear may cause us discomfort is common. This can become a problem however if a lack of motivation gets in the way of accomplishing important goals; compromises relationships; effects work and/or school performance; or effects physical/emotional well-being; among others. Sometimes a lack of motivation can be the result of depression, anxiety or other disorders.
What Services Are Offered By NSTN That Address Lack Of Motivation?
- NSTN offers individual assessments, treatments and referrals for children (over the age of 6), youths and adults that are struggling with motivation.
- Fees are offered on a sliding scale.
- Individual therapy sessions are $120. Some exceptions apply.
- All services provided by psychiatrists are covered by OHIP and no charges will be made to clients.
- There is no direct cost for individual short-term counselling for those that meet the requirements for NIHB Mental Health Counselling Services (Click Here).
- Many extended health care benefit packages provide reimbursement for counselling/therapy. Please check with your insurance provider/employer to confirm eligibility for reimbursement.
- Groups and workshops that introduce concepts and/or skills that can help address motivation are available by trained and experienced clinicians for youths, adults and families at significantly reduced rates.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Group
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Skills Training Group / Workshops
- Young Adults Group (ages 18-24)
- Seniors Group
- Family Support Group
- Coping with Stress Group (Drop-In)
- Mindfulness Workshops
Contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (705) 481-1925 to schedule an appointment or to register for a group.