What Is Depression?
Clinical depression, or major depression, is a mood disorder that involves a variety of factors including environmental factors, genetic predisposition, brain chemistry and personality. It is commonly thought that medications are the only treatment for depression however there are highly effective treatments for depression that can be used in collaboration with, or as an alternative to, medications.
What Services Are Offered At NSTN That Address Depression?
NSTN offers a variety of best practice, evidence-based treatments for depression and other related concerns, including CBT, DBT, Mindfulness and Motivational Interviewing in both individual and group formats.
- Individual assessments, treatments and referrals are available by trained and experienced clinicians for children (over the age of 6), youths and adults.
- Fees are offered on a sliding scale.
- Individual therapy sessions are $120. Some exceptions apply.
- All services provided by psychiatrists are covered by OHIP and no charges will be made to clients.
- There is no direct cost for Individual counselling for those that meet the requirements for NIHB Mental Health Counselling Services. Click here for more information.
- Many extended health care benefit packages provide reimbursement for counselling/therapy. Please check with your insurance provider/employer to confirm eligibility for reimbursement.
- Groups and workshops that address depression and other emotional difficulties are available by trained and experienced clinicians for youths, adults and families at significantly reduced rates.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Group
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) Skills Training Group/Workshops
- Young Adults Group (ages 18-24)
- Youth Group (ages 14-17)
- Seniors Group
- Family Support Group
- Coping with Stress Group (Drop-In)
- Mindfulness Workshops
- Mental Health and Wellness in the Workplace Workshops
Contact our office at email@example.com or call (705) 481-1925 to schedule an appointment or to register for a group.