What Is Chronic Pain?
Chronic pain is often defined as pain that lasts for a number of months or years ranging from mild discomfort to excruciating pain. Chronic pain can have a significant impact on the mental health and wellness of individuals and can require professional support to address the emotional impact of this pain. Furthermore, individuals that learn additional techniques and concepts to address physical pain find that the discomfort associated with chronic pain can lessen.
What Services Are Offered By NSTN That Address Chronic Pain?
NSTN offers individual, family and group counselling services that can help address the emotional aspects of chronic pain as well as introduce concepts and techniques to reduce discomfort.
- Fees are offered on a sliding scale.
- Individual therapy sessions are $120. Some exceptions apply.
- All services provided by psychiatrists are covered by OHIP and no charges will be made to clients.
- There is no direct cost for individual counselling for those that meet the requirements for NIHB Mental Health Counselling Services (Click Here).
- Many extended health care benefit packages provide reimbursement for counselling/therapy. Please check with your insurance provider/employer to confirm eligibility for reimbursement.
- Groups and workshops that introduce concepts and/or skills that can help to reduce the discomfort of chronic pain are available by trained and experienced clinicians for youths, adults and families at significantly reduced rates.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Group
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Skills Training Group/Workshops
- Young Adults Group (ages 18-24)
- Seniors Group
- Family Support Group
- Coping with Stress Group (Drop-In)
- Mindfulness Workshops
Contact our office at email@example.com or call (705) 481-1925 to schedule an appointment or to register for a group.