What Is Addiction?
Addiction can come in many forms. Some people struggle with dependencies on substances such as alcohol and drugs while others may struggle with behaviors such as gambling, shopping or gaming. Addiction involves a physical and/or psychological dependency, or perceived need, of habit-forming substances and/or behaviors.
What Services Are Offered At NSTN That Address Addiction?
NSTN provides support to youths, adults and families that have concerns surrounding substance use or concurrent mental health and addiction issues. Services are offered from a client-centered, motivational interviewing framework. Experienced clinicians will work with clients to establish goals and work towards resolving ambivalence around substance use.
Some of the services offered at NSTN:
- Completion of assessments and referral packages for inpatient treatment centers (including provincial screening and assessment tools).
- Support navigating substance use and addiction services in our community and throughout the province.
- Referrals to alternate substance use supports.
- Support and information regarding AA, NA, Al-Anon and other Peer Supports.
- Individual Substance Use Treatment is available by trained and experienced clinicians for youths and adults.
- Fees are offered on a sliding scale.
- Individual therapy sessions are $120. Some exceptions apply.
- All services provided by psychiatrists are covered by OHIP and no charges will be made to clients.
- Many extended health care benefit packages provide reimbursement for counselling/therapy. Please check with your insurance provider/employer to confirm eligibility for reimbursement.
- Groups and workshops that address substance use concerns are available by trained and experienced clinicians for youths and adults at reduced rates.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Group
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Skills Training Group / Workshops
- Mindfulness Workshops
- Young Adult’s Group (18-24)
- Senior’s Group
- Coping with Stress (Drop-In) Group
- Family Support Group
- Mental Health and Wellness in the Workplace Workshops
Contact our office at email@example.com or call (705) 481-1925 to schedule an appointment or to register for a group.